Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find the routes my router is advertising

csaravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have static route to my ISP. I would like to know, what route my router is advertising to its upstream router

I am having Cisco 2815 ISR

Thanks,

Chandru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chandru

In your original post you state that you have static route(s) to the ISP. In that case it is very likely that the ISP also has static routes to you. So your router is not sending or advertising any routing information to the ISP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chandru,

If you are running BGP issue the following command to check the routes being advertised out.

show ip bgp nei advertised-routes

Instead if you run an IGP (EIGRP/OSPF), which I highly doubt you do, then if you have a neighbor then all the routes in the routing table would be advertised unless you have a distribute list that's only allowing certain networks in the routing table to be advertised.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

I am not running BGP or any other routing protocol in my router.

My router external interface is connected to the T1 link and internal interface is connected to the switch which goes to the firewall.

I am wondering what network will my router advertise to the ISP. Do you feel my router will not advertise any routes at all. or what info my router will be sending to the ISP router

Thanks,

Chandru

Chandru

In your original post you state that you have static route(s) to the ISP. In that case it is very likely that the ISP also has static routes to you. So your router is not sending or advertising any routing information to the ISP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick. That helps

Chandru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco