cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error bringing up MGCP Gateway

tomrayjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2801 Router that gets the following error when I try to manually bring up mgcp:

Sep 19 20:36:04.753: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 **ERROR**: L2IF_SendPkt: idb is NULL

Sep 19 20:36:04.753: ISDN Se0/1/0:23 **ERROR**: L2IF_SendprimPkt: L2IF_SendPkt failed

Has anyone seen this before?

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Tom,

have you performed the Hard Loop Test to rule out hardware failure of the VWIC

Make sure no ACL are blocking MGCP traffic

and the following is configured.

interface serial0/1/0:23

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

I had not performed any loop tests (I have been lucky w/new hardware so that's generally the last thing I suspect). There are no alarms of any kind and the d-channel is up. The only difference in this site and my others is that the PRI is fractional (only 5 channels). I know 4.1(3) & MGCP do not 'support' this configuration and that may be the crux of my problem. I was expecting a different kind of error.

[+5]  to you.

I came across this issue and entering the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager under serial interface resolved the issue.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman.

5.5 years later and this post just saved me.  I was changing a full PRI to a partial PRI.

I had to issue the command: no  pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp

Then I re-added the command:  pri-group timeslots 1-12,24 service mgcp

Apparently when I did this, it removed the:  isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager command from the serial interface without my knowledge.

The T1 controller showed Up.

The Serial 0/1/0:23 interface showed Up.

CUCM showed the gateway as registered.

But the gateway would not process calls and I started seeing the errors show in the original post.

Fortunately a Google search of the error messages lead me to this post with the solution!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: