cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Scripting - Calls in Queue

scott.weismann
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it's possible to light the MWI light on the IPCC Agents' phones or ring an extension if there is a call in queue? I have a script that displays the number of calls in queue on the phone but would like some kind of notification. Thank you

9 Replies 9

you can ring an extension but that will be offering the call to that extension.

MWI works with unity and if you have a pilot number setup to turn MWI on and off you can use that in your script while caller is in queue just like in hold.

The problem with MWI is which phone will you light this on?

Hope this helps.

Baseer.

Did you ever get a response to this...I am in the process of implementing something like this..After hours we currently use a night bell to to alert staff that a call in the queue. This ringing is heard over the paging system.

My thoughts are that I could have the system ring an analog ext off a VG224 that is attached to the night bell speakers. This phone would be part of a pickup group that all phones have access to. Does this sound like it should work or is there another option? I am concerned with what will happen when someone is already in queue and we attemtp to ring the ext...what will be the result.

Thanks,

Joe

I have a whole new way (as far as i can tell) to light a queue light like a traditional ACD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjFlqzLndQ

Basically place a call to a particular port, and have your agents BLF that port. When the port rings in or is busy, it lights up. You can also make it flash or go red based on number of calls in queue, or do this at a particular interval.

I like this concept. Could you please explain or give an example of the script used. This is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi there,

I'm looking for a solution like this one.

Can you give me some more information on how you did this or even send me an extract of your script?

I've been looking into UCCx editor and found the following. If I use Call Redirect this would send the caller to the redirect destination? I don't want this of course... Call Contact doesn't seem to work. So basically, my question is the following: How can you place a call towards the CTI-port (I guess that's what you do) without also transferring the call in Q towards this destination...

Any advise would be appreciated!!

thx a lot!

You would want to use the Place Call step to make a new call that you are not transfering/redirecting.

Ok, I worked on this today...I have it setup where the script looks for the Contacts Waiting Reporting Statistic.  If that number is over a value I place a call to a trigger that only has one cti port associated.  This seems work fine and I see the BLF of that CTI port on the phone light up.  One of my questions is the script or application that the trigger is applied to..should this be an icd queue that simply holds the call until the original script terminates it?  I have set this up to where it terminates the call on the connect portion of the original script.  Is this the best way to do this?  May logic is as follows:

31015 is the New Application with CTI port of 30181 associated.

Call comes in original ICD queue

Get the Total number of Contacts Waiting:

If this is larger than 2 place call to 31015 (which is a standard script not icd @ this time)

Once call is connected to an agent terminate the call to 31015.

Is this the correct logic?

Thanks,

Joe

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for reviving this old post, but I had an idea (not sure if I have the ability to implement it though). Since CUCM supports presence over a SIP Trunk I wonder if it would be possible to create a software SIP solution which receives data (perhaps via HTTP push) from UCCX with the statistics as calls progress through the script and then adjust phantom extensions status letting phones on the CUCM cluster show the status of these phantom extensions. I'm looking for a way to do this without having to have lots of CTI groups with 1 port as discussed above or tying up real ports (probably analog on VG224s) using call pickup BLFs. Thoughts from anyone else on any issues with this idea or simpler ways to accomplish this?

Yes. Use a wallboard. Not the traditional scrolling marquee, but the newer web based ones. You solve two problems at once.

1. General purpose stats being displayed on flat panel TV on the wall, which replaces legacy wallboard.
2. Per user wallboard dash apps which can be embedded in just about anything, to include CAD and Finesse.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: