cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP for 7940

a.rayen83
Level 1
Level 1

hi, please i have the firmware SIP of 7940, ans i need to send it to the phone, how can i do this

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since I suppose you are not using any csico call control solution, please read about 'cisco 7940' on voip-info.org.

In short, to reload the firmware, copy all files needd to a tftp server. Turn on pressin #. relase when displays 'reset sequence'. Press in succession 123456789*0#. Confirm erase with 2.

If all the correct files are preset phone will get an address via DHCP (remember thait is needs option 150 with TFTP address) and will upgrade.

hii, my problem is that i can't send the firmware to the phone, how can i do it, i tried to send it with the CME but it doesn't work. thanks

A.Rayen83,

Make sure the files have been placed in the correct directory path of the TFTP server. And, make certain too that full read and write access to those files. It sounds to me like the file transfer is failing. Try using TFTP server application loaded onto your PC such as 3CDaemon

As you may already know the phone boots and gets the IP address of TFTP server. So it's a case of the request being received by the TFTP server from the IP phone and then the TFTP server honouring the image file request.

Here are the instructions from Cisco.com

<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/handset_to_sip.html>

hth,

Ajaz

hii Ajaz, thanks for your help, i use a CME to send the file, but the ephone don't boot with the sip firmware, " verifying load" than it reboot and it use the default firmware SEPmac_address. i don't know if there is in relation with the version of the CME. Thanks.

Rayen

Hi,

it is my understanding that the CME does not support SIP to the phones (only on the WAN).

I tried to do the same about a year ago and couln't get the phones to run the SIP firmware image.

hii, how can i do the transfer now? thanks

Hi Rayen,

Just to answer the question regarding CME Version. SIP endpoint support was added in CME 3.4 and fully expanded in CME 4.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/prod_installation_guide09186a00807aae21.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: