cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 data interface for 2600

toni_mart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. First of all sorry for my bad English.

We have a CISCO2600 router and we're planning to contract to our data provider (Telefonica Espa?a) one ISDN PRI connection. We only need this connection to carry data and not voice and I like to know wich card we need to adquire.

We only need 2 Mb simmetric data connection, without channel separation or anything else.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

vaisharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Toni,

Please see this:

Cisco 2600 Series - Relevant Interfaces and Modules

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

Looks like these are your options:

NM-1CE1T1-PRI 1-Port Channelized T1 / E1 Modules with PRI Network Modules

NM-1CE1B 1-Port Channelized E1/ISDN-PRI Balanced Network Module

NM-1CE1U 1-Port Channelized E1/ISDN-PRI Unbalanced Network Module

-Vaibhav

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hola,

If you mean ISDN PRI like the service in which you have atelephone number, and remotes also with ISDN do dial-up for a 64 or 128 Kbps switched circuits, them yes you will have channel separation and exactly up to 30 of them.

The card to use is NM-1CE1B or NM-1CE1T1.

The same card can be used also for non-ISDN, that is, point-to-point, clear-channel circuit of up to 30 timeslots.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

It helps a lot, but I have a final question.

Can't I use VWIC-1MFT-E1 card?

Thank you

For T1 or E1 PRI service, yes. Note some dial-up features, not important for many, are not supported with the VWIC. But if you plan to upgrade like to a 2801 in the future, a VWIC would be better as it is a newer ans smaller module.

Please remember to rate useful posts!

Thank you very much!!

Question solved! I think we'll buy VWIC cause it's smaller and we only need data service not other services.

Thank you and goodbye.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: