Helpful
Replies

CALL FORWADING TO INDIA FAILS

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have this interesting problem...

When callas are placed to number in india from our phones, it goes through. However when calls are forwarded from same extension, it does not go through..

The debug isdn q931 shows network out of order. attached is the debug.. This is on CCM 4.1

Please assist.

Please rate all useful posts
9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CCM version is 4.2(3)sr2b.

Calls forwarded to other destinations work.

Id check your call-forward pattern is correctly set up to deal with the number if digits your forwarding.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

As per the debugs, we get a disconnect from your Telco and the only difference I see in the Setup is there is a Redirectly Party IE in the setup message which your Telco might not be able to handle.

I'd recommend contacting your Telco and check with them as to what information in the setup they dont like and then we can look at a way around it.

Hope this helps

Mchandak,

Are you saying that this informtion does not exist when we make the direct call....Is this the diference between the direct call and the forwarded call..

Hi,

Yes, that is the difference between both the calls. Since there is no Redirecting Party (Call Fwd DN) on a Direct call, you would not see this information. Not sure if this is the cause for it but that is the only difference I see in both the setup messages.

Your Telco should be able to provide information as to why they send a Disconnect for this call and based on that configuration changes can be made on CallManager/Gateway if needed.

Hope this helps

Ok, I fully understand now. But do you wonder if there would be any thing esle that would have been added to the digits..when its been redirected?

Redirected calls to other destination work just fine...

Ok I get you now.

The redirect number 2365 is the number from which the call was being redirected to the indian number..

I dont see anything else that is being added here and the field Redirecting Party Number:

Redirecting Number i = 0x00008F, '2365'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown Sep 10 09:14:13.460: ISDN

This is the only thing I can see looks different. But since this call is being dropped by the Telco (We get a disconnect from them) I think only they can confirm as to what could be causing the issue

Most non-US Telcos will drop a call if the redirecting number is not valid to their switch. I have seen it happen in Canada. Try using a translation rule to modify the redirect-called number. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: