Views
Helpful
Replies

applications wise badnwidth monitering

rajbhatt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a site to site vpn tunnel from the pix to the router.

I need to see how much bandwidth is being utilized by the remote tunnel.

Please advice what tool I need to use on the pix to check the bandwith for site to site access

From pdm outside interface I see the total bandwidth utilzed not the break up

Thanks in advance

Raj

4 Replies 4

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

you would need a traffic analyzer that can record ip addresses in packets to piece together the stream and thus from that you and extrapolaite the bandwidth

Hi,

What I wanted to know was how to configure the mrtg in a machine to moniter the bandwidth taken by the site to site tunnel and also how to send the traffic to the machine running the mrtg .

If u could refer to any links with step by step instruction to configure mrtg

We can identify the sylog or snmp server but how to identify the server with mrtg .

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Raj

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

And like i said that is not possible, any utilization tool like mrtg pulls snmp mibs and currently there are nomibs that records the data you wish on a per vpn tunnel basis.

Thus you need something that can id traffic based on flow which a firewall cannot do

If all that traffic flows through an IOS device you can pull it from that. For instance if there is a router that the encrypted traffic flows through - you can just monitor the traffic destined or coming from that vpn peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card