what can i do,

THZ a lot

wrodpad to open the attachments

Jason

6 Replies 6

fermaura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, In my opinion there is nothing that you can do about that, the config seem to be verry clean, there is not a big quantity of dial-peers and translation rules. theprocess of the CPU are so hide because that is a ISR plattform. it?s not a voice gateway like the AS5XXX family. Perhaps you need to start thinking of changing the platform.

Other thing that you can check is the average call duration. if is low, the gateway use much more CPU for procesing that calls.

Thanks a lot

But the platform is recommanded by CISCO,

It's our new project;

You mention the average call duration, would you pls go detail?

Thanks

Jason

Who at cisco recommended the 3845 for 14 E1 of calls ?

What you are seeing is normal, if you want to handele that many circuits you should use one of the as5400 that are designed for the job. The 3845 is instead a general purpose medium router.

Hi againg, I?m agree with bevilacqua, the only problem is the platform. you shoud think in upgrade to a AS5400XM with 16 E1, and check te complexity of the call before configure the DSP for that GW,

the average call duration and the codec election are a key parameter for selecting the platform. If you have a g.723 call and the duration of the call is 20 or 30 seconds Ej. "voice mail call". the gateway process are going the te roof of the CPU. and if you use a codec g.711 and the call duration is 30 minutes Ej. (dial-up call) the GW process CPU are going to mantein low. Cisco Enginners have a tool to calculete the exact CPU resorceto a specific traffic profile for all the platforms,

But please dont ask to the enginner who recomends to you the platform 3845.

:)

Regards

haaa

Thz a lot for you two!

Would you give me a advice where to get tool for calculete the exact CPU resource to a specific traffic profile for all the platforms

Thz a lot

Jason

There is no tool to calculate CPU usage per call. If the current router is not doing well with the current load, you may only replace it or split the load.

Note is very possible that even at 90% CPu the router is very usable and there areno issues with calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: