Views
Helpful
Replies

To decide purchase of hardware

jcuena
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, and thanks in advance.

I have to decide about the upgrade of our hardware. And in detail, it is the hardware that interconnect us with our providers.

Now we have two 7206VXR with NPE-300, working together with HSRP (between it) and with two ISP, but it have problems of CPU and memory because it is not be able to do full BGP (memory) and with 100Mbps of VoIP traffic the CPU go to 100%.

To resolve it, we are evaluating to buy or 6500 or 7600, with a line card of 48x10/100/1000 and a flex-wan.

But we do not be sure about the real difference of buy a 6500 or a 7600 (difference of chasis properties or benefits of it), and we do not know what supervisor buy.

The last idea is buy or ONE 7600 with two supervisors "SUP720-3BXL" or "RSP720-3CXL" or "RSP720-3" (we need help about it), or buy ONE 6500 with two "SUP720-3BXL".

In summary, the requirements is do FULL BGP (now and in a years) and a throughput at least 100Mbps++ (mainly Voip with small packets) and with connection to two ISP (it is not transit).

The equipament have not VPN, or ACLs or any more configuration.

I do not known if a explain it correctly, but i will be very thankful

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As I saw this question has already been answered in other topic.

Krisztian

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Why don't you upgrade to NPE-G1 or G2. Both have very good performance (although not wirespeed). The don't need any I/O module just the pure engine and both equipped with 3 GE ports and I think still much less expensive than the 7600 or 6500.

As far as I know the 7600 and 6500 are almost the same in respect to the supported supervisors and some line cards.

Take a look at this link for quick reference about the performance:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

The decision of do not upgrade is because that hard will be use to another service.

And about 6500/7600, i know the supported sups. But what is the difference between the chassis? in perfomance? only some sups supported?

I would like to know the sups that i need to the service that i told you, and if the chassis is important to that.

Hi,

As I saw this question has already been answered in other topic.

Krisztian

Hi,

yes, i posted in the other topic because i don?t know what is the right forum.

I continue in the other topic and close this.

thanks all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card