Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client problem

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have configured a remote access VPN for a customer which has a BT router at home.

The BT router assigns an address in the DHCP pool 192.168.1.0/24 to the customers laptop.

The VPN assigns an address in the VPN pool 192.168.100.0/24.

The 192.168.1.0/24 is also a subnet on his internal LAN.

Now, I believe that this 192.168.1.0/24 might be the problem why the customer can only access the internal network and not the Internet (I have split tunneling enabled).

I have asked the customer to change either of the sites but he says that there must be another solution.

Does anyone know of any other solution? I am using NAT transparency because there are too many servers on the internal network to use static NAT through the VPN.

Thanks in advance.

P

1 Reply 1

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

This is a problem that i'm starting to see more often; same subnets in use at home-users and the corporate LAN.

I personally have found no solution for this problem, for as far as i know is this only possible with a LAN-2-LAN tunnel. See the following page for the solution for the same problem with a LAN-2-LAN tunnel:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800b07ed.shtml

Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card