cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router to Router Connection

worldcalltel
Level 1
Level 1

Yes i have 3 routers and i want to connect it to a 7206. The 7206 has 4 fast ethernet port. I tried using a crossover cable onto it, but it seems not working. can someone help me

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rick

Some additional detail would be very helpful. What kind of routers are these that you want to connect to the 7206? What kind of interface on these routers and what kind of interface on the 7206? Did you do a no shutdown on both of the interfaces? Did you do any configuration on the router interfaces? If so, what did you configure?

It would also be helpful if you would post the output of show ip interface brief from the 7206 and one of the other routers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have a 2500, 2600 and 3600 router and it will connect to a 7206 FA port. All routers are in a factory default settings. And i've already configure a no shutdown on the interfaces of each routers.

On the show ip interface brief. the status is up and line protocol down.

I had this same exact issue this week. I have 2 7206VXR's with G2 sup modules and I was trying to connect the two routers together via the Gi0/1 copper ports. I could not get the protocol to come up. I tried multiple crossover cables and multiple straight through cables with no success. Finally, I changed the media-type on the interface to SFP and hooked the two up with fiber and the interface came up right away. I had never had this issue before but I didnt troubleshoot it anymore. I just left the connection on fiber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card