cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Gateway and CM 5.x

BrianChernish
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use a 2821 router as a voice gateway, using SIP trunks, for CM 5.x? Here is my situation, I have hit a wall trying to get DTMF relay to work correctly with CM 5.x and a SIP trunk that terminates in the CM server.

I have a 2821 router here, so I thought I would try to termnate the trunk in the router and use it as a gateway (similar to the way I terminate a PRI circuit in a voice gateway). I can not seem to get the gateway to produce any "endpoints", even though the router shows that the SIP service is "Up". A "show CCM" command shows the gateway as "Registering...".

I chose MGCP as the gateway protocol (over SCCP -- the only other choice).

If this can be done, can someone point me to a comprehensive configuration guide / example?

Thanks,

Brian

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can, that would act as an IPIP GW.

You terminate the SIP side in 2811 and configure other dial-peers to point to CCM either via H323 or SIP. Dont use MGCP since we are not controlling Analog!Digital endpoints based on your description correct?

SIP -- 2811 SIP or H323 -- CCM

In CCM you configure either a sIP trunk or H323 GW using 2811 IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: