cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

service Current Backup Connections showing up in "sh rule"

bjelf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 2 css11506's running active/standby with virtual interface redundancy and asr.

Recently while doing some work on our network I had failed over to the standby css for a few hours. During this time of course asr copied flow info between the 2 css's. After failing back I noticed that when I do a "sh service x" on the active css I see "Current Backup Connections: 67". That is fine but these 67 conns also show up in the "conn" column when I do a "sh rule xx all" on the active css.

When I suspend this particular service from the vip, the conn counters never hit "0", they stop at "67" which is what the current backup connections reports even though "Current Local Connections" is at "0".

Is there any way to clear these backup connections besides rebooting? Looked at the "zero" options and don't see it. Tried "zero all" on a content rule.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To show all rule names, number of bytes (column heading is Depth) to be examined for a match, and the first 48 characters of the content string for the matching function, use the show rule command.

show rule rule_name

Syntax Description

rule_name

Specifies the name of the rule for a display of the rule name, depth, and entire content string for the matching function

Thanks umedryk, but I am looking for a way to clear "Current Backup Connections" that show up in the rule stats.