cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 suddenly configuration gone! overwritten by the other switch.

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have 2 switches 3750 trunk together(NO stack cables behind), I just want to separate the 2 switches and did a trunking - gigabitEthernet 1000 full duplex.

Out of sudden, switch B is overwritten by switch A and now switch B is having the exact configuration of switch A.

What I have done wrong here? :O

I am going to put back the config to original switch B config but I want to make sure it wont happen again..

Your advise is appreciated again as always.

Thanks again.

4 Replies 4

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

.....OR i should put it this way to make it clearer..

Will Switch A send down the configuration to Switch B even if the STACK Cables ARE NOT connected to each other at the back of the switch?

It is currently on trunking only.

Thanks..

Cindy,

Was it the whole configuration that got copied, or just the VLAN list?

If it was just the VLAN list, then you have just tripped over the VTP bomb.

If it was the whole configuration, then I am puzzled.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Whole configuration can be copied automatically ONLY when switches are stacked. Issue "show switch" command to see the stack status.

Otherwise, as Kevin pointed out, it could be a VTP issue, where higher revision overwrote the lower one. issue a "show vtp status" and look for "Configuration last modified by" line.

Guys,

I don;t what to say..:O cause now is back to normal.. when i am not sure if I am seeing the wrong one or wat during telnetting as staging few switches at the same time..gosh..

Thanks for ur input guys..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card