cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA inbound mail get delayed

demith1982
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 as the gateway firewall and a internal mail server. Some mails send from some domains were queued in the ASA and delayed for several hours. After I have removed the option of protocol inspection on Security configuration. After that most of the mails were released but still some mails are queued. Can any one suggest a reason for this.

1 Reply 1

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

This is a common problem especially with esmtp inspection. Now cisco claims its only the extended commands that they look I have found this to blatantly incorrect through the use of a packet sniffer.

To date with many ASAs installed I have yet to figure out why it always breaks email and TAC is unable to explain why either.

I have a base config i drop into every asa and now I just turn off that inspect cause no one at cisco i have met to date wants to help figure it out so i call it broke and turn it off. Not really a clear answer but its what i have learned after some very frustrating experiences i hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card