cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Notify

worldcalltel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a AS5300 and want to configure a sip notify in a voip dial-peer. but somehow the sip-notify is not available. I have read some info in the IOS and it is available 12.2(15)ZJ but unfortunately that IOS was on a DF released. And my current IOS is c5300-js-mz.123-23, which i supposed it is already available, but its not. Can someone guide me or assist me on which IOS do I need to configure an SIP Notify.. Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To use voice mail on a SIP network that connects to a Cisco Unity Express system, use a nonstandard SIP Notify format. To configure the Notify format, use the sip-notify keyword with the dtmf-relay command. Using the sip-notify keyword may be required for backward compatibility with Cisco SRST Versions 3.0 and 3.1.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. dial-peer voice tag voip

2. dtmf-relay sip-notify

3. exit

4. sip-ua

5. notify telephone-event max-duration time

6. exit

how about for sip info configuration?

the sip-notify is not available on my current IOS.

what is the exact IOS version and feature sets for this to work?

Here is a link that talks about IOS releases needed to support the SIP DTMF features:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/sip_c/sipc1_c/chapter8.htm

The As5300 is a fairly old platform and is not supported in the 12.3T train (which is where 12.2(15)ZJ rolls into) hence you do not have the option. You need to move to an AS5350XM or AS5400XM which has this support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: