cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPPP question

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3845 with four (4) MPLS T-1's terminating on it. We are using MLPPP to bundle these T-1 together. When I do a ?sh ppp multilink?, it shows one of the T-1?s is inactive.

This is a new install. What would cause this fourth T-1 to be inactive when the T-1 is up up?

Thanks,

Chris

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

Especially if this is a new install I would check on the possibility that it is not configured correctly on the other end.

As a check, if you take the T1 out of the multilink bundle does its behavior change? does it come up/up?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The T-1 is currently showing up up. It is just showing inactive when I look at sh ppp multilink...

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

can you identify the T1 which is not getting into the logical bundle ?

once you have identified the same make sure that you are running with pure clean circuit without any errors.

treat it as a individual link and test it with assigning ip to the faulty interface.

meanwhile can you post the configuration of your multilink bundle and also the individual interfaces associated with the bundle.

have you checked up for any error in config which also mite result in this..

regds

I T-1 I am having problems with is 3/0/0. Please see the attached PPP configuration from this router.

The interface is running clean, no errors.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris

I have looked at the config that you posted and I do not see any issues with the config. I do not believe that the issue is a config problem - at least not at your end.

Do you have control over the other router where the T1s terminate? Or can you talk to whoever does have control and verify the config of the other side for this link?

If you remove the multilink configuration from serial 3/0/0 and then do show CDP neighbor do you see any neighbor on that serial link?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The terminating end is the Telco, so no, I don't have control of the other side...

I don't see a neighbor when using CDP with or without the PPP config on the interface....

I guess its time to call the phone company???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card