Views
Helpful
Replies

Primary Line

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hello --

I am utilizing the primary line extension on the user pages of CM6. My understanding is that if I choose the second line of a users phone, that user will pick up that line when they go off hook; however, that does not seem to be the case.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks.

Ohamien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ohamien,

I'm sorry, I didn't read your first post correctly :( This Setting only applies to picking up Ringing Lines. The Handset will always choose Line 1 when picked up to make an Outgoing call.

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ohamien,

Hope all is well! There is a Setting called "Always Use Prime Line" if this is set to True, the Handset will only pick up calls ringing in on the Prime Line. If you set this to False you will be good to go :)

In order to change this parameter, log in to the Cisco CallManager Administration page and perform these steps:

From the Service menu, choose Service Parameters.

Choose Publisher CallManager Server > Cisco CallManager service.

Under the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section, scroll down to the Always Use Prime Line parameter, choose True for this parameter, and click Update.

Note: The default value for the Always Use Prime Line parameter is False. If the flag is set to True, when the phone goes off-hook or the speaker button is pressed, then the primary line is chosen and becomes the active line. If a call comes in on the second line of a user, going off-hook makes only the first line active. In this case, the user must select the second line in order to answer the call. If the flag is set to False, the phone automatically chooses a line as the active line based on the line status.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml#q39

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hope this helps!

Rob

I tried that; False was the default, and neither work. I vaguely remember this working in CM4 without a problem.

Ohamien

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ohamien,

I'm sorry, I didn't read your first post correctly :( This Setting only applies to picking up Ringing Lines. The Handset will always choose Line 1 when picked up to make an Outgoing call.

Rob

That's not the answer that I like to get from you guys! =)

Very interesting...

Thanks Rob.

Hi Ohamien,

Sorry man! I wish I could change this as well :( But these things are getting better and better all the time so who knows whats around the corner!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: