ccna exam; planning and designing section

Unanswered Question
Sep 21st, 2007

I need to improve my score for Planning and Designing section (thats portion caused me to fail the exam, scored 821 but score only 58% for P & D). Any idea how can i improve on that? any tips will be highly appreciated. thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
keesjan.schilstra Thu, 09/27/2007 - 00:38

Hi,

During youre exam you might stumbled accross a simulation which is very complex when you look at it the first time. I know there is a question where you are presented 8 ip numbers 4 devices and the question which devices are routers and which is a switch. The trick is to look at the picture closely and look at which information is given to you. Never never click on a console until you realy must.

If you look at the picture you can see there is a device with a serial port so this must be a ... there are 2 pc's with ip numbers so which ip adress compare with them in the way they fit in a subnet. You'll see that other IP numbers given will mach. Doing this you will realise which devices are routers and which is the switch. Then assign cabletypes offcourse routers connect with a cross cable ...or not there was something with a serial port...

So next time keep in mind what do they want to know, what information is given to me and do not connect to a console until you rearly must.

Succes

Actions

This Discussion