cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery for CM 5.0 on VM Ware

yohannes.moges
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CM 5.0 installed on a VM ware on my laptop. I use it to practice call manager configurations. Stupid me, I lost the username and password for the web access on the CM 5.0. Now, I am unable to access the call manager. Does any one have an idea how to recover username and password for this scenario. I checked CCO. It only gives information for the actual CM.I am trying to avoid reinstallation.

Thanks,

Yohannes

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Yohannes,

From the CLI run:

run sql update applicationuser set password='f3f84fcd7934cd48ef4fef0d9057c21d000ffe229fbd0a247ee491927aa30f02'? where name='CCMAdministrator'

This sets the password for CCMAdministrator to ciscocisco

As of 5.1.1 the command is

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Thanks for the quick response. But how do I access the CLI ? I couldn't get to the box at all. Are you refering to the VMware CLI?

Anyone I would appreciate your help. Otherwise, I have no choice but reinstall.

Thanks,

Yohannes

No to the CallManager CLI

find out what IP address you used and download putty.exe or other SSH client and access from that.

In cisco.com you do a quick search which will give you more information for CCM CLI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: