Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recreating Subscription fails after Deleting Failed subscription

Subscription failed for a subscriber in my cluster, I then deleted the subscription according to cisco documentation "Reestablishing a Broken CallManager Cluster SQL

Subscription with Cisco CallManager

Document ID: 46100"..

However, when I try to recreate the subscription, i get the error "server is not registered with Publisher, publisher does not allow anonymous connection, contact publisher administrator for anonymous connection"...

What should I do? I have already deleted the failed subscription......CCM 4.1(3)

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Okanlawon,

Can you try this method;

Using DBLHelper to Reestablish a Broken Cisco CallManager Cluster SQL Subscription

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I am so happy you responded. You are the MAN in this forum. I have read a little about you on the internet..I am proud of what yoiu have achieved in your career..I want to be better than you!!! So want to ask for a favour..to be your friend...I work in the UK with a cisco gold partner nscglobal. my email is deji.okanlawon@nscglobal.com..If I can have your contacts it will be great!!!

Back to the issue: The subscription has been deleted!!! WILL DBLhelper recreate the deleted subscription?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Okanlawon,

Thank you for your very kind words :) I will fire you off an email when I get back to work so we can correspond. My advice for this issue would be to open a TAC Case. There are likely to be some registry changes required here that they will be able to help you with.

We will talk soon, Good luck!

Rob

I will expect your email...!!!! Looking forward to it!!!

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

For this to work, you need to right click on SQL Server Group|New Server Registration. Go through the Wizard and add the Subscriber SQL Server to this list. Also, do the same for the Publisher. Currently your Publisher server should be listed as "local". You need to remove this local and then add the Publisher. Once this is done, you should be able to get through with the Manual steps to recreate SQL Subscription.

Also, if your not to comfortable playing with SQL, you should open a TAC Case and have a TAC Engineer do it for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks for this. The only problem I have after removing the local from the publisher, register it using its real name, it tells me that the SUbcriber is not registerd to the Publisher hence cant subscribe to the subscription from the publisher...

Please rate all useful posts

On the Publisher/SQL Enterprise Manager/Publisher Database/Publications/Configure Publishing, Subscribing and Distribution/Subscribers/check the subscriber servers host name to enable it to subscribe to the Publishers publication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: