cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VDSL

ketimun123
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco has a VDSL-WIC or any other equipment for VDSL-connections?

Where can we find information?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is not supported right now. None of the Cisco routers support it. Cisco has LRE, please check below:

Cisco Long Range Ethernet (LRE) solution leverages Very High Data Rate Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) technology to dramatically extend Ethernet services over existing Category 1/2/3 twisted pair wiring at speeds from 5 to 15 Mbps (full duplex) and distances up to 5,000 feet. The Cisco LRE technology delivers broadband service on the same lines as Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS), digital telephone, and ISDN traffic. In addition, Cisco LRE supports modes compatible with Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) technologies, allowing service providers to provision LRE to buildings where broadband services already exist.

COmplete info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk684/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

Franco Zamora

every cisco router should support vdsl, you only have to taggle the vlan 7 (enca dot1q 7) to the interface.

actually i try to do that on a 3640 with 2 1fe interfaces, but it still dont work.

i saw it work on another place, but i didnt looked at the config unfortually...

any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card