Views
Helpful
Replies

Subcriber does not replicate Publisher information

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have two Cisco Callmanager (CCM) 5.0 (Publisher and Subscriber) in redundancy mode. The CMMs were initially configured with the IP Addresses 11.0.7.78 and 11.0.7.89 for the Pub and Sub respectively. After adding 70 units of device licenses for the phones on the CCMAdmin page of the Pub, I configured the Severs, CCM group, device pools etc. on the Pub. As expected, these configs were replicated on the Sub. The IP addresses of the CCMs were later changed to 10.0.22.200 and 10.0.22.201 for the Pub and Sub respectively, for some reasons. After this was done, futher configurations on the Publisher are not replicated on the Subscriber. Can anyone be of help as to why the Subscriber stopped replicating information from the Publisher?

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The IP address change was done as is described in the first URL.

Now from the second URL, the issue lies under the ?Replication Fails Between the Publisher and the Subscriber? section. The recommended action is as stated below:

Recommended Action

Complete the following steps to reestablish the relationship between the two systems.

1. Verify the Replication.

a. Open Cisco Unified Communications Manager Real-Time Monitoring Too (RTMT).

b. Choose System > Performance > Open Performance Monitoring.

c. Double-click the publisher node to expand the performance monitors.

d. Double-click Replication Counters.

e. Double-click Number of Replicates Created.

f. Choose Replicate Count from the Object Instances dialog box and click Add.

g. Double-click Replication Status.

h. Choose Replicate Count from the Object Instances dialog box and click Add.

Note Right click the counter name and choose Counter Description to view the definition of the

counter.

2. Check State of Replication via CLI.

a. Access the platform CLI and use the following command to check replication:

utils dbreplication status files view activelog

b. Review the Summary information and counts for each node to verify replication.

3. To repair replication, use the following procedure:

a. Access the platform CLI.

b. Repair replication by using the following command:

utils dbreplication repair usage:utils dbreplicatoin repair [nodename]|all

After trying to download the RTMT file from the Callmanager Publisher Admin page (i.e. Application > pluggin), I discovered that the downloaded file is a .bin file. I have issues running the RTMT .bin file. And because I have to run the file before going into the interface of 1a & b above, I couldn?t go further with the recommended action.

My question is this:

How do run the attached (RTMT) file?

If the file is already installed, on which interface (Callmanager Publisher Administration or Serviceability or OS Administration page) do I go to Open Cisco Unified Communications Manager Real-Time Monitoring Too (RTMT).

You are downloading the Linux version of the client. Presumably you need the Windows version. It should be the link below the Linux version.

Hi Gidson,

Thanks for your contribution. I'll give it a tiral and get back to you. Now after downloading the RTMT, I guess it should appear in the Admin page of the pub (i.e. under Application). And what should be the neccessary steps to take afterwards. I just want the Subscriber to update the Publisher information...thats all.

Hi Peter,

I may be way off base here but the RTMT is not really part of fixing this issue but only part of verifying the issue in the first place. As you nicely noted these are the repair steps and verification via CLI instead of RTMT;

2. Check State of Replication via CLI.

a. Access the platform CLI and use the following command to check replication:

utils dbreplication status files view activelog

b. Review the Summary information and counts for each node to verify replication.

3. To repair replication, use the following procedure:

a. Access the platform CLI.

b. Repair replication by using the following command:

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

I succeeded in downloading the windows RTMT on my desktop. I tried to reestablish the relationship between the two systems (Pub and Sub) by verifying the Replication.

Double clicking on the Number of Replications created and the Replication status gave me the following output respectively:

Number of Replicates created:

Min: 341 max: 341

Ave: 341 last: 341

Replicate_State

Min: 2 max: 2

Ave: 2 last: 2

Again, I tried to repair the replication with the command:

and it gave me the following output:

“Repairing of replication is in progress. This command will return in 1-2 minutes.

Background repair of replication will continue after that for 30 minutes”.

I expected the Subscriber to start updating the Publisher information after a while, but the status still remains the same. I also manually rebooted the Subscriber but to no avail. Do you think that running the Callmanager software afresh on the Sub could be a possible solution?

Again, when typing the "utils dbreplication repair" command, what does the nodename designates and how should the command really a

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: