Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Router must accept dial up calls

Sonugnair_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 1841 router which has a WIC-1B S/T interface.There is an ISDN line terminated here.The telco has given a number for this connection. Now users from another country would be dialing this number and gaining access to a server in the LAN behind 1841. I am familiar with the concept of router dialing a number using username,password,dial-string and dialer-remote name. But how can the router be configured for only accepting dial up calls? I mean the router needs to do no dialing, but only accept incomming calls from a remote location.

Pls help.

Regards

Sonu

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

As long as you do not enter a dialer string in any of the dialer profiles, the router will never dialer outwards.

regards,

Leo

Hi,

The exact scenario is like this:-

There are people all over the world who would dial into a 1841 router with S/T BRI interface. This dialing in would come from a analog source or from digital sources. Now is this possible and if yes can someone provide some configuration examples.

Pls help as i am very desparate!!

Thx in adavce,

Sonu

Sonu,

Call from analogue to your S/T BRI may not work. Normally, you would need a Cisco digital modem MICA or modem WIC-2AM-V2 to terminate your analogue call. However, you could use the AUX port with a normal external dialup modem as analogue dialin connection instead of MICA or Modem WIC.

If the caller is an ISDN router then solution from ?icabrera? should work.

Async Multilink PPP Dialup from Microsoft Windows Clients

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009455a.shtml

Digital Modem Network Modules

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b98.html

regards,

Eng Siong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card