cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515e and Vlans

benpremline
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we are going to replace are old 2600 with a new pix 515e. While this is happening we are going to try and setup another VLan to allow us access to more IP address.

I have pluged the pix (inside) into one of are 3com 2250 plus switches and setup some ports on vlan 2 and the rest in the default vlan 1. The uplink port on the 2250 is set to be a tagged member of VLan 2 and an untagged member of VLan 1.

On the pix I have setup the inside interface as 192.168.1.1 (physical) and added vlan 2 as 192.168.2.1 both have a security rating of 100 and I have ticked the boxs to allow traffic between them on asdm.

The problem I am havin is the 2 networks cant comunicate with each other they can see there own local gateway but they dont seem to be gettign routed on to the other VLan.

Any ideas ?

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Routing with a PIX is pretty basic when it comes to this. The PIX will not perform this kind of redirection, it will only forward packets to a different physical interface.

You will need an extra router when you need this inter-vlan communication.

regards,

Leo

Thanks Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card