Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Calling Time

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CCM 4.1(3)Sr2. I know how to limit calling time but is it possible to limit the length of a particular call.. say for example, if I want to limit the call to any international number to 5 minutes only?? After 5 minutes it disconnects on its own. I will appreciate your suggestions.

Sheeraz

5 Replies 5

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions on this please ???

Sheeraz

Try, Maximum Call Duration Timer (min)*

CCMAdmin | Service | Service Parameter | Cisco CallManager | Advanced

This parameter specifies the minutes that a call can remain active before Cisco CallManager clears it. A value of zero disables the timer.

This is a required field.

Default: 720.

Unit: min.

Minimum: 0.

Maximum: 35791.

It will affect both Onnet and Offnet hence all calls.

Thanks for the reply... this is what I thought before but it effects all calls...I just want to limit the duration of international calls ... so something that can work on calling search space or partitions ??? Any further ideas.. ?

Sheeraz

Hi Sheeraz,

Actually even with latest release available

we dont have that feature.

You may contact your AM to file an enhacement request.

As a workaround I think IPCC but that may not be feasible.

In my opinion is better to restrict the users to call internationational calls or not. And run CDR reports in a weekly,monthly basis

Why? Is the same a 12 hour call than 12 calls for an hour.

If you are restricting just duration you just lead users to generate more calls. Here comes how to restrict the number of calls.

And the answer is the same we cant.

My two cents

HTH

This parameter can be configured in CCM 3.3.3sr2? or not exist

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: