Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on callmanager order

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Need some advice on ordering callmanager.

Main office about 80 users, voicemail required for all users, isdn 30, 20 faxes plus, modems for 3rd party apps, 40ish remote sites, each remote site has about 3 - 5 users, connected back to main ofice via vpns.

The ordering process for callmanager I find pretty confusing, I was intending to order the following :

1. 2 x Unified CM 5.1 7816-H3 Appliances - 1 publisher, 1 subscriber

2. 1 x License Unified CM 5.1 7816 Appliance, 500 seats

3. CallManager Device License - 500

4. CallManager 3rd Party Device License - 10 units

5. 1 x VG224 for the faxes and modems

6. 1 x 3825 with vwic-1mft-g703

7. Assortment of ip phones

8. softphones

9. POE switches

Would this order fulfil the requirements ?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mark,

first off you will need 2 x CM licences and enough Device Licence Units for the amount and type of phones you will be ordering. Here is a link for the requirements for each type of phone http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805009fc.shtml

I would also say there is the possibility you have the wrong VWIC aswell ie if connecting to a PRI then you might need a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1. Is a 3825 really needed or could you go for a 28XX.

Also is voicemail a requirement?

I don't work for Comstor anymore but if you speak to your account manager there the tech team should be able to spec you up a system for your requirements.

I hope this helps

Dave

Thanks Dave

Cant get onto account manager at the moment.

Yes typo by me, I did mean a VWIC2-1MFT-G703, and will probably scale down to a 28xx router.

I think the 500 DL's will do for now, can add onto them.

All users require voicemail, so would I need an additional server for unity ? or maybe just use an advanced nm-cue= module installed in the router ?

Have always dealt with cme in the past

Thanks

Hi Mark,

an NM-CUE-EC will do up to 250 mail boxes, and if this is enough for the customer then it can be a cheaper option, the new version of the software also does IMAP connectivity and IVR. One way of getting a spec is to email tech@comstor.co.uk and this goes straight to the guys rather than having to go thru your account manager first.

All the best

Dave

Thanks Dave

Cant get onto account manager at the moment.

Yes typo by me, I did mean a VWIC2-1MFT-G703, and will probably scale down to a 28xx router.

I think the 500 DL's will do for now, can add onto them.

All users require voicemail, so would I need an additional server for unity ? or maybe just use an advanced nm-cue= module installed in the router ?

Have always dealt with cme in the past

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: