cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting Cisco VPN client v5 to asa 5505

support.tech
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem configuring remote vpn between ASA5505 and Cisco VPN client v5. I can successfully establish connection between ASA and Vpn client and receive IP address from ASA. VPN client statistics windows shows that packets are send and encrypted but none of the packets is Received/Decrypted.

Can not ping asa 5505

Any ideas on what I have missed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try adding...

crypto isakmp nat-traversal

Also, you will not be able to ping the inside interface of the ASA from the vpn without this commmand...

management-access inside

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

Your NAT configuration is incomplete, enter the following commands to your configuration:

-----------------------------------------------

access-list nonat extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

-----------------------------------------------

This tells the ASA that the traffic destined for the VPN Client should not be NATted and should be sent directly to the client via the VPN Tunnel!

Please rate if the post helps!

Regards,

Michael

Hei

Thank you for the help but I can not ping the inside interface on the ASA or local comp in the 192.168.1.0 subnet fron the cisco client

Do you what the problem is?

best regards

Kim

Try adding...

crypto isakmp nat-traversal

Also, you will not be able to ping the inside interface of the ASA from the vpn without this commmand...

management-access inside

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks, for all the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: