cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channelized E1 interfaces

taamer1973
Level 1
Level 1

What does it mean when the status of an interface shows as "reset"?

This is after issueing the show ip interface brief, as below:

Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol

Serial1/0:0 192.168.x.y YES NVRAM reset down

Serial1/0:1 192.168.x.y YES NVRAM reset down

Serial1/0:2 192.168.x.y YES NVRAM reset down

4 Replies 4

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Normally interface status is up, down, or administratively down. If it shows "reset" it could be a faulty hardware/controller (local or remote).

Can you post the output of "show controller e1"?

Regards,

Dandy

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Maybe this state is specific to channelised cards, and is the state of the B-channels if the D-channel is down. Do all the channels say "reset", even S1/0:15 or S1/0:23?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

I am trying to help troubleshoot the problem overseas. The router is in another country so I can't get more show outputs quickly.

Another question is if the controller is configured but there is not interface cable connected to it, will that show it to be RESET? I am starting to wonder if the cable is plugged into the wrong port on the module.

Hi,

It seems that your controller is down. Because serial is shown as reset when E1 controller is down. As your router is in another country you can not check a local loop from Modem towards router. That is a very good test we can carry out on any type of WAN Link.

See the output of command

sh controller e1 1/1 ( or whatever slot port number is )

Most likely it will show you as controller is down. Try shut and no shut on controller it works many times.

HTH !!

Regards

Subodh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: