cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 3.0 licensing

b_woodhead
Level 1
Level 1

If I buy a 100 user license for Ciscoworks 3.0 and install on a single box. I then need to upgrade by about 50 more devices and so I buy another 100 license, can I install the 2 license together on the same box to give me 200 devices?

And say I have another box where I have installed HPOV and want to integrate with Ciscoworks, can I integrate later although I know Cisco recommends installing HPOV first. Buts can I still integrate after or do I have to re install the Ciscoworks.

Also how will the licensing work between Ciscoworks and HPOV?

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need one license to cover all devices...so you should work with your acct team when purchasing the license to plan for future growth.

You can integrate LMS with HPOV at a later time without reintalling LMS.

LMS license has no effect on HPOV, they are separate apps and are just integrated for some different functions

Thanks. Yes I do understand the future growth planning but I am asking in case a scenario comes up where we will need to have more than the 100 device license, how does it work?. Is there a doc on this?

For me to be able to mange 150 boxes from 100, do I have to buy 300 device licenses instead of 3 x 100 license and accumulate? Is this ok.

Even though Cisco says we must install HPOV first, it will still work the other way around???

How do the integration between HPOV and Ciscoworks work when they are on separate boxes?

Thanks

It will still work the other way around by integrating at a later time.

It is also fine on separate machines...it will use an integration adapter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: