ISCW exam questions...

Unanswered Question
Sep 24th, 2007

To anyone that has taken the ISCW exam, did you notice several questions that seemed to have mistakes in them? I took it this morning (Failed by 28 points) and I plan to retake in a week. The problem is after looking up a few of the questions, I find there was not enough right answers to pick the amount they wanted me to pick! I commented on a couple of the questions but that does not help me any...

Also for anyone using the offical cert exam guide, it did not cover fully everything I saw on the test. There were a couple things I should have researched elsewhere. Altogether, it is a good book though.

Clay

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
compsolv Mon, 09/24/2007 - 08:07

While I cannot comment on the ISCW exam specifically, I did want to let you know that mistakes definitely happen in these exams! Sad, but true.

In the most recent CCIE R/S Written, there was a question that required the selection of multiple correct answers, but the question style only allowed you to choose one!

Glad I did not fail by that question!

It was nice of you to comment for the next student! Keep up the great studying and ace that thing next time!

Anthony J. Sequeira

Start Your VoIP Training Right

http://www.netmasterclass.com/CCIE/Self-Paced-Program/Training-on-Demand/CVoice-Module/

frogmanclay Mon, 09/24/2007 - 09:19

Thanks for the reply. I am glad I am not the only one that sees this. The BIG problem I have is that I paid $150 for a flawed exam. I know for sure that 4 questions were wrong. Yes I know I should have passed anyway, I missed a couple stupid ones that would have put me over the passing line easily.

Either way, be it the messed up questions or me, I should have done better.

Clay

mark.j.hodge Mon, 09/24/2007 - 09:25

Clay,

Without breaking NDA, what areas is the exam certification guide light on? Is this your first CCNP exam, if not what materials did you use for the others?

I am about to re-take BCMSN, failed it quite badly a while ago. If I pass ( crossed everything ) not sure what to do next, the ICSW and ONT books area *lot* thinner than the BSCI, and I'd like to get two exams passed by Christmas.

frogmanclay Mon, 09/24/2007 - 10:41

This is the last exam for my CCNP. I used the official cert exam guide for all but the BSCI because it was not published yet. I took the tests fairly close together, but all I do is study and home and work and practice on the equipment at work. (Between doing my real work.)

The BSCI I used was the self-study guide, It was thick and awesome! That book covered everything! Hit the keyboard though just to make sure you understand.

BCMSN was harder for me than the BSCI, alot of time on the keyboard with each subject did the job for me.

The ONT IS a small book. But it explains things fairly well. Just practice a few times with it and you will get past it fine.

Wireless hurt me in both the BCMSN and the ONT, I have never done wireless anything. (Outside of SATCOM, which doesn't count.)

This darn ISCW though, this was the worst book of them all. I am pretty sure I am ok saying this. The book focused on using the SDM to do everything. It does show some CLI stuff as well but ALOT of SDM stuff. I spent some time on my router doing it with SDM and then looking at the config in CLI, I should have done that alot more with everything subject. That is all I feel safe saying.

Hope this all helps.

Clay

frogmanclay Mon, 09/24/2007 - 10:43

This is the last exam for my CCNP. I used the official cert exam guide for all but the BSCI because it was not published yet. I took the tests fairly close together, but all I do is study and home and work and practice on the equipment at work. (Between doing my real work.)

The BSCI I used was the self-study guide, It was thick and awesome! That book covered everything! Hit the keyboard though just to make sure you understand.

BCMSN was harder for me than the BSCI, alot of time on the keyboard with each subject did the job for me.

The ONT IS a small book. But it explains things fairly well. Just practice a few times with it and you will get past it fine.

Wireless hurt me in both the BCMSN and the ONT, I have never done wireless anything. (Outside of SATCOM, which doesn't count.)

This darn ISCW though, this was the worst book of them all. I am pretty sure I am ok saying this. The book focused on using the SDM to do everything. It does show some CLI stuff as well but ALOT of SDM stuff. I spent some time on my router doing it with SDM and then looking at the config in CLI, I should have done that alot more with every subject. That is all I feel safe saying.

Hope this all helps.

Clay

cyphur353 Mon, 09/24/2007 - 12:42

I'm not a fan of the focus on the SDM in the two new books(ONT, ISCW). I don't use it at work ever, and for a lot of things, it's slower and impossible to use unless the device is faily local.

I plan to take the ISCW exam within a week or so, I'll post up if I remember. I too am using the exam cert guide from CiscoPress to prepare. This exam will finalize my CCNP, so I'm anxious to get it done.

santukumar Wed, 10/10/2007 - 21:37

It doesn't matter that u passed the exam or not.What u know ,it is not necessary that ur answer and cisco exam answer is same ,but if u r right then it almost the same. And other thing, try to choose the best answer among them and from top to bottom i.e. in sequence.

The ASDM or gui is very simple as compared to the cli,but in the u have to do it through cli.In practical life u can do as u want.

cyphur353 Mon, 10/15/2007 - 14:33

Forgot to post up - but I sat and passed the ISCW(and finished my CCNP) shortly after that last post of mine.

Without breaking NDA - I did not find any errors that prevented me from finding answers that fit their questions.

Actions

This Discussion