cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works LMS Device Package support question for Offline installation

bruce.porter
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Works LMS version 2.6 installed on a server that has restricted access to the internet. It isn't possible to just hit the "Check For Updates" button.

I go into Common Services Software Center and check the Device Update pane and see that ONLY CiscoView and RME have Device Type Counts. Campus Manager doesn't have any Device Types associated with it. Should it have?

I noticed that there are packages available for download in the software centere but not for Campus Manager 4.0.6, just for 4.0.5.

Original problem is that I don't see 7513 routers in my topology maps. thx

1 Reply 1

bruce.porter
Level 1
Level 1

With a new upgrade you will not see device packages in all of the elements of LMS. Only CiscoView and RME will have Device Type Counts. This is normal.

The reason that I wasn't seeing the 7513s was due to incorrect SNMP information. All devices must have the correct SNMP RO strings entered into the Campus Manager administration - SNMP window, using the add button.

You double click the devices discovered to see whether the devices show up as reachable. Unreachable devices need to have the community strings checked.