cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 6 : Recover Lost Security Password

BABARCHE
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone knows how to recover a lost admin security password in CallManager 6.0 ?

The commande would be in CLI "set password security".

But I can't remember the actual password so I can't change it.

Thanx,

Bastien.

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bastien,

This was provided for CCM 5.x by Mahesh but may apply to 6.x as well;

Recovering the Administrator Password

If you lose the Administrator password and cannot access the system, use the following procedure to reset the Administrator password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note During this procedure, you will be required to remove and then insert a valid CD or DVD in the disk drive to prove that you have physical access to the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

Username: pwrecovery

Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password. For more information, see Appendix A, "Command Line Interface."

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/iptp_adm/504/iptpch2.htm#wp1040303

Hope this helps!

Rob

Does this work for the Security Password also, I know what the Admin Password is.

I am trying to add a server into the cluster but we don't have the security password, and the "set password security" requires the old password before you can change it.

Thanks

Ken

I just performed the operation and it did have an option for the security password.

Hey Ken,

could you resolve the problem? I'm facing exactly the same problem as you had.

Hopefully there is another way than a clean install...

Cheers,

markus

Yes this method does work

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

Username: pwrecovery

Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

When you get to this step you will get an option to Change either the administrator password or the security password.

Ken

Thank you for your quick response. I tried it already direct from console. And I had to reboot my server first. He did not realize correctly, wether a CD/DVD was inserted or not.

Now we're fine again.

Cheers, markus

Is it necessary to reboot the publisher server after reseting the security password? thanks

Hi Horacio,

The Publisher server will not require a re-boot after resetting the password :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: