Level 1
Level 1

Then I woke up! Damn nightmares.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

lol. fwiw, the version that supports v6 is supposedly still on track for this month. I can't wait to find out what support for v6 actually means;-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

lol. fwiw, the version that supports v6 is supposedly still on track for this month. I can't wait to find out what support for v6 actually means;-)

Mars 4.3 / 5.3 is out as of today. IPS v6 support, including dynamic signature downloads from CCO and automatic support:

From the Release notes:

Download new signatures from CCO and correctly process and categorize received events that match those signatures, which includes them in inspection rules and reports. These updates provides event normalization and event group mapping, and they enable your MARS Appliance to parse Day Zero signatures from the IPS devices.

This is good news, but the MARS team should be ashamed at how long its taken them to catch up, considering that IPS 6.0 has been out for almost a YEAR. I can't wait for IPS 7.0 to come out in a few months(?), so we're right back at square one again..

And its about time!!! WOOT!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card