Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Alternative greeting scheduling

jcmia33177
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to create separate active schedules in Cisco Unity 4.2

I have the open greeting schedule to be active from 9am - 5pm, and closed greeting from all other times. But when I have a call handlers and alternative greeting on... It gets override by the close greeting schedule.

Is there any work around for this? Please help

Joshua Cardenas

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create a bunch of additional schedules in Unity, and then assign any of those schedules to nearly any entity (call handlers, subscribers, etc) in Unity to use as the active schedule.

See this link for Unity 5.0, the same applies for Unity 4.2(1):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag030e.html#wp1048094

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joshua,

Just one note to add to the great info you received from Michael. The Alternate Greeting should override all others regardless of Schedules, so make sure that there is not an issue with which Greeting you are actually using;

Call Handler Greetings Settings

Each subscriber and call handler can have up to five greetings. The greeting settings specify which greetings are enabled, the greeting source, and the actions that Cisco Unity takes during and after each greeting.

Note that Cisco Unity plays the greetings that you enable for the applicable situation, while some greetings override other greetings when they are enabled:

Standard - Plays at all times unless overridden by another greeting. You cannot disable the standard greeting.

Closed - Plays during the closed (nonbusiness) hours defined for the active schedule. A closed greeting overrides the standard greeting, and thus limits the standard greeting to the open hours defined for the active schedule.

Internal - Plays to internal callers only. It can provide information that only coworkers need to know. (For example, "I will be in the lab all afternoon.") An internal greeting overrides the standard and closed greetings.

Not all phone system integrations provide the support necessary for an internal greeting.

Busy - Plays when the extension is busy. (For example, "All of our operators are with other customers.") A busy greeting overrides the standard, closed, and internal greetings.

Not all phone system integrations provide the support necessary for a busy greeting.

Alternate - Can be used for a variety of special situations, such as vacations, leave of absence, or a holiday. (For example, "I will be out of the office until....") An alternate greeting overrides all other greetings.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0200.html#wp1056790

Hope this helps!

Rob