cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN - Full mesh vpn does not work when internal host starts traffic

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

I had a configuration with "IP NHRP" the protocol for next hop resolution, in this environment I have 18 routers in Full meshed VPN connection. Now if from an spoke router I ping the tunnel interface of other router a nex crypto session is stablished, but IF an internal host ping a host that is behing the other router all traffic goes through the HUB. What still make my topology as hub-and-spoke and not full mesh.

Anyone has ever done that before?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

The IP address of the destination device to which connectivity must be maintained from the primary VPN interface connection. This is the device that is pinged by the Service Assurance agent through the primary route to track connectivity. The backup connection will be triggered if connectivity to this device is lost. Note If you do not specify an IP address, the primary hub VPN interface will be used in a hub-and-spoke VPN topology. In a point-to-point or full mesh VPN topology, the peer VPN interface will be used

Thank you for the answare, but what I needed to do was issuing the :

no ip next-hop-self eigrp 1

Command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: