cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Update Problem

dlitteer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to make a backup of a production 2610 router, and would like to update the software on the spare router using TFTP server on a PC connected via a cross-over cable. IP addresses are set on both the router's ethernet 0/0 interface and the PC, however I can ping the router from the PC,but can't ping the PC from the router. Is there a command I'm missing, or just basic networking stuff I'm forgetting?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Could you just check that you do not have a firewall on your PC that could be blocking the pings from the router.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Could you just check that you do not have a firewall on your PC that could be blocking the pings from the router.

Jon

I agree with Jon that the most common cause of problems like this is a firewall running on the PC. If it is not a firewall issue then I would suggest checking the mask configured on the PC and make sure that it agrees with the mask on the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Good lord. That was it. Talk about overthinking yourself right out of a solution. Thanks for your help Jon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card