cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow on Serial interfaces without IP address

linker.team
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to enable netflow on a serial interface which a part of a Multilink interface. Serial interfaces has no IP addresses.

Please assist

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Raj,

Even if you could enable netflow on individual interfaces, the traffic is all accounted in a single cache.

So you would be no better off: you'd still not be able to correlate individual bandwidth usage.

You need Flexible NetFlow for that, because FNF enables you to deploy independent flow monitors on each interface, each with their own cache.

See http:/cisco.com/go/fnf

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vijaya

I do not believe that it is possible to enable netflow on a serial interface that is part of a multilink bundle. And I am not sure why you would want to do this? Since netflow uses the routing decision and the IP packet header information and since it is unpredictable which member of the bundle will carry the IP packet header any netflow generated on a member of the multilink would not be accurate. Perhaps if you help us understand what you are trying to accomplish we might find some alternative that could work.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I have 3 T1 lines coming to my 3 serial interfaces which are in a MultiLink bundle. I want to monitor this lines separately. But router is exporting entflow packets based on the Multilink interface. I am not able to correlate individual bandwidth usages.

Thanks

Raj

Raj,

Even if you could enable netflow on individual interfaces, the traffic is all accounted in a single cache.

So you would be no better off: you'd still not be able to correlate individual bandwidth usage.

You need Flexible NetFlow for that, because FNF enables you to deploy independent flow monitors on each interface, each with their own cache.

See http:/cisco.com/go/fnf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: