Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Utilization - Application Specific

keshavahp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Which Cisco Works application can be used to configure to monitor the Bandwidth Utilization - Application Specific (HTTP, Citrix, SAP etc.,). Can we also configure the Threshold for the Bandwidth Utilization with Application Specific.

Can any one please help me finding a solution.

Regards,

Keshava Raju

keshava-p.raju@hp.com

2 Replies 2

avmabe
Level 3
Level 3

I don't think this is possible with CiscoWorks.

For this, I recommend using netflow and then you can breakdown by application (if you know the relevant ports) and do alarming, depending on how you implement the netflow tools. There are quite a few guys on here from commercial netflow tools, but I prefer flow-tools and JKFlow and present the rrd with cacti.

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

About the closest you will get to these measurements in Cisco Works will be IPM. This app measure IP SLA and can do some specifics like HTTP or ICMP. However, it won't do all of the above and really isn't mean to measure bandwidth.

If you really want to measure bandwidth you'll want to use a NAM which can measure the above and break it down for you on the application level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: