Level 1
Level 1

hello,

location X - using BRI

location Y - using E1

findings;

calls from

-y to x calls could be establish

-x to y cannot establish ( see debug below)

*Sep 25 08:40:27.389: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x00F0

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA18381

Preferred, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8A81 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info

Calling Party Number i = 0x00C3, N/A

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, 'nnnxxxxyyy'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

*Sep 25 08:40:27.413: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x80F0

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

*Sep 25 08:40:27.413: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x80F0

*Sep 25 08:40:27.413: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> CONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x80F0

*Sep 25 08:40:27.445: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: RX <- CONNECT_ACK pd = 8 callref = 0x00F0

*Sep 25 08:40:27.445: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial2/0:0 is now connected to N/A N/A

*Sep 25 08:40:29.885: Di5 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:29.885: Di5 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:32.061: Di2 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:32.061: Di2 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:33.445: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial2/0:0 is now connected to N/A N/A

*Sep 25 08:40:34.305: Di1 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:34.305: Di1 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set

*Sep 25 08:40:52.237: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x00F0

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

*Sep 25 08:40:52.237: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial2/0:0 disconnected from unknown , call la

sted 24 seconds

6 Replies 6

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

The "Di5 DDR: Cannot place call, no dialer string set" simply means that you have not told Dialer 5 what number to call. If you want to make outgoing calls, you will need a dialer string command in the Dialer interface.

If the problem is something else, please could you post the configs.

I don't know of any issue dialing from a BRI to a PRI or vice versa, except that the BRI can only handle two calls at once whereas the PRI can handle 24 or 30.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

this capture was taken from the router with E1 and is suppose to accept the call from a BRI client. From the above debug

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, 'nnnxxxxyyy'

where 'nnnxxxxyyy' is the E1 number. which means the BRI dialer string is set and is reaching the E1 and is able to connect for 24 seconds.

Hi ,

can you paste the bri and dialer config of both the routers so that we can tell you exactly what was the problem

Thanks,

satish

Hi,

It seems that ur call is getting dropped after 24 seconds. check for the following comands.

Show isdn active

debug ppp authen

u should see that authentication "success"

that means that routers are getting authenticated.

then you should have interested traffic on this dialer from Bri router side. So that call will be active.

Secondly try publishing both dialer in the ospf or eigrp process and configure properly so that there will always be some traffic.

We have seen such types of problmes like call getting dropped after approx 20 seconds.

Which we debugged using above mentioned. Last but not least try bedugging isdn pri line itself. See if it is flucting.

If possible pls paste both side conf.

HTH !!

subodh

Celso

There are several things that you could tell us which would help us understand the situation better and might help us to find better answers.

Are there other routers attempting to call into the PRI? If so do other routers work and this one fails, or do they all fail?

Can the remote router dial into any other router and does that connection work ok?

Based on the symptoms and especially on the fact that the router with the PRI is complaining about no dial string I am going to guess that the remote dials, the call is connected, and then the main site attempts to place a call to the remote - which is not working and causes the original call to fail. A common cause of this is that the router with the PRI does not have ppp authentication configured on the physical interface. To have effective two way traffic over a single call both ends must authenticate each other. I am guessing that this is not happening. If you would post configs from both routers we would be able to tell this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thomas.anthony
Level 1
Level 1

The SETUP request for conversation 0x70 was requested by the remote device.

INFO: The Origin Code for the callref 0x70 is 80.

This indicates that the circuit path that generated the Disconnect Cause was the

local router.Therefore, the local router was the origination point for sending the disconnectingthe call.chk your dialer string settings and If the DISCONNECT was premature, and if this call is presenting a problem,investigate the router's connection such as the status of D-channel to make sure

it is stable and in Multiple_Frame_Established (show isdn status), the availability

of Bearer channels (show isdn service), the availability of DSP resources (show

voice dsp) and the correct configuration of dial-peers (show dial-peer voice

summary).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: