Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 upgrade to CCM 4.2.3

wgroom1969
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

I will be performing a Call Manager upgrade from version 4.1.3 to version 4.2.3 this Sunday. Are there any caveats I need to know of before getting into this? I have to upgrade the OS to 2000.4.2 in order to upgrade the CCM application. I have read the version upgrade takes approximately 30-40 minutes per server. I have not seen a time estimate on the OS upgrade. Has anyone done this, and can they report the results? We are doing this so we can run FoIP through our Call Manager with an H.323 gateway.

7 Replies 7

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Just curious, as we are using XMediusFax with CallManager 4.1.3 using an H.323 gateway. I know CCM 4.2 was required if you wanted an MGCP gateway with XMediusFax. If you want further info on the H.323 gateway, I can forward your post to one of my co-workers who can better speak to the configuration.

Ginger

Hello Ginger,

We are establishing a Captaris Rightfax 9.3 server, utilizing an SR-140 virtual fax board. In order to pass traffic from the Call Manager to the SR-140 board, we need to use an H.323 gateway, which I had established in 4.1.3. But the connection was never made, as the SR-140 needs something in CCM 4.2.3 in order to connect.

Hi -

Thanks for the update. I did a quick search on the Internet and it appears, as you indicated, CCM 4.2. Did not find an integration doc, although I suspect Captaris should have one for you.

Ginger

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

How did your upgrade work out? How long did the OS upgrade take? I am about to do the exact same upgrade.

Hello MDury,

The upgrade went relatively well. We had an issue with the SQL database, and ended up doing the SQL 2000 SP4 upgrade seperately. Once we did that the rest of the upgrade went smoothly. I have about 12 hours total split amongst two Sundays doing the upgrade. First I had to bring the OS up to an acceptable level, which was accomplished the first weekend. That is when we ran into database replication issues, that took about 4 hours for TAC to resolve.

The next weekend I ran the SQL SP4 upgrade, then the CCM upgrades, then the SR2B upgrade. All went well with that.

Bill

Wgroom,

We already have SQL2k SP4, I am hoping maybe we will not run into the same problem.

Thanks for sharing your experience

clarocque
Level 1
Level 1

Your best bet is to look at XMediusFAX. It is easier to install and maintain, very robust, great support from Sagem-Interstar and will support any config with CCM 4.2 H.323 and MGCP / T.38. I have attached a document that should help you for now. Good luck with RF. If you run into problems, look in the Partner Central for XMediusFAX or www.faxserver.com

Cheers,

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: