Views
Helpful
Replies

Safe Harbour Software Release For Sup720 Native IOS

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how close Cisco are to releasing a Safe Harbour IOS for the Sup720 ?

We have been affected by a few of the bugs identified (and a few that haven't) in the SXF train and can ill afford to keep updating the IOS with ED software releases due to service impact.

Up to now every 12.2(18)SXF* release has failed the safe harbour testing, however Cisco have a new candidate in testing, 12.2(33)SXH.

With the lack of support for Modular IOS patching apart from ISSU, we have little option but to keep "upgrading" the IOS until a Safe Harbour IOS is released, and this doesn't put me in a favourable position with the business.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The above query is with regards to Modular IOS, I am aware that IOS 12.2(18)SXF8 has passed safe harbour for non modular IOS.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The bugs you've identified also preclude you from regressing to the last Safe Harbor version [12.2(18)SXF8(WAN)]?

Safe harbor info:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns504/c658/cdccont_0900aecd805f26a3.pdf

[edit]

Looks like I was working on this post while you entered yours.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your response.

The release in question is not Modular IOS. I ideally wanted to move forward with the Modular IOS. If there is no option but to regress to non modular IOS then I may have to bite the bullet and do it.

Yes, I too like the concept of modular IOS; relatively new though. Given a choice between new wonderful features vs. something solid, I often chose the latter. Eventually, I'm sure, they'll get the kinks worked out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card