cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console 6.0(1), getting caller ID number, but not displaying name

gregs
Level 1
Level 1

Our receptionist has Attendant Console v6.0(1) and our call manager is v6.x. When a call comes in our PRI she can indeed see the name and number on the attached phone display, BUT the attendant console ONLY shows the number. How do you get the Attendant Console to show both the number and the caller id name?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmm I remember that was a limitation in previous version.

And was overcome configuring speeddials.

For example if you get plenty of calls from Company XYX configure the speed dial that matches the callerId and test.

Thanks for the reply... if this is indeed the case it is a MAJOR oversight and should be corrected. If the phone has that information the AC should definitely allow it to be displayed. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

I would think using speed dials to overcome this is not a permanent solution since there WILL still be many, many calls without the caller name. If the phone itself receives it why not have the Attendant Console display it as well? In my mind this is a simple development issue that could be addressed... and should be addressed. Without this info readily available in the incoming call area the receptionists at times can't remember which call is for who because it only shows the number.

I am running into the same issue...if the incoming call has Calling Name the phone shows it fine...the ac doesn't...if the incoming call only has the calling number the ac displays this fine....Is there any fix to this?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: