cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Hide AD users from Call Manager 6.x and Corp Directories

gregs
Level 1
Level 1

We have tried to hide users via the following document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00804d2087.shtml

but this doesn't help. It is ridiculous to see AD users in the Call Manager that don't have phones and you wouldn't want to be there.

I know I could probably restructure our OU's and have the call manager synchronize a specific OU, but we should NOT have to do that.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It talks about putting a curly brace in front of the first and last name... I wonder if that would screw up any other applications or cause some unintended issues?

Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Perhaps there will be a fix as well since it use to use the method I pointed to in the original post. We will probably open a TAC and see if we can get an answer.

Thanks again.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greg,

I can't tell you for sure as I haven't tried this myself :( I do have alot of faith in both Gonz and Shanky so I am sure if there was a problem they would have posted back. The bracket can go in front of either the first or last name I beleive. My advice would be to set up a "test user" in this manner to see what the effects are before going too far down the road.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I was able to put the curly brace and the user is no longer seen in the phone directory... BUT there should be a better way than this.

Perhaps you they could pull all users that are part of a group. Regardless there should be a better mechanism for this.

Thanks for the replies!