cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity exc 2003 on same---OS 2003

talmand
Level 1
Level 1

I recently received a system that only came with OS 2003 and single server, I know the Dco's say exchange must be on different server, but one of my co workers stated that they were told the doc's were incorrect and that it could be on same box, what is the correct answer, and am I going to have to go back to 2000 which was not shipped with the server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right, so Voicemail ONLY, (no failover, etc)

One Box:

- Unity

- SQL Data Store

- Exchange 2003 Store

- DC/GC

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are installing Unity VoiceMail only, you can setup this (1) server as an Active Directory GC/DC, SQL, and Exchange 2003 on the same box.

so I can do same server with Unity, THX

Right, so Voicemail ONLY, (no failover, etc)

One Box:

- Unity

- SQL Data Store

- Exchange 2003 Store

- DC/GC

Well, I get thru step one on installing unity, I do not get errors but it does not go to step 2 licensing.

on reboot I did get a commserve encountered errors and I had a scripting debug screen

So you should have install Unity like this:

Windows 2003 server

DC Promo

SQL

Exchange

Setup Unity service accounts

Login as Unity Install

Run the correct install file. (if you just double click setup.exe for unity, that is wrong.)

You must follow the Cisco Unity Setup Utility. (something like that)

I am using the following attached info

It should be in the Cuica and click ConfigurationAssistantSetup at the very bottom. This will kick off the correct VB script to start the install process

I have kicked off the cuica I reinstalled UNity, upon reboot it shows unity in the sys tray but the cuica still comes up at install unity and does not move to step 2.

I am not a know it all, but have done over 30 unity on 2000, so it may be may lack of dealing with 2003, but I do not know??

Im not sure, but possibly you could delete all Unity information from the machine (Commserv directory, etc) uninstall all stuff dealing with Unity. Copy the DVD to the D:\ drive of the server and run it from there.

One other note, is there a shortcut on the desktop to continue the install? It is supposed to start back up it installs the first section.

For some reason, I have had this happen also, the script just stops... have to start all over again.

I will try, the cuica is starting on its own and I have closed it and used the shortcut

I am leaving for the day, I will check my forum later tonight

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: