cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Desktop Access

lebermuth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need some help in solving an issue using a cisco VPN tunnel connection. I have 2 cisco routers at 2 different plants. I am tunneling into the 1st router which allows me to remote desktop my computer on that network with a 192.168.42.XX address however I cannot remote desktop computers behind the 2nd router at their 192.168.50.XX address.

I can remote desktop to the 50.XX computer once into my computer at the 42.XX address but not straight in from the outside.

Does anyone know what I might add to the configuration that would allow this type of connection from the outside while still keeping the connection secure?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

michaelchoo
Level 1
Level 1

Check your local routing table. It might only have a summarized entry for 192.168.0.0/16 network pointing to the 1st router.

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First,

First, check your VPN ACL if 192.168.50.xx is included to the networks/host for you to access, don't forget to check the port as well.

Second, check if your VPN has a route to 192.168.50.xx

Last, check 2nd router if it has a route to VPN IP Pool

Regards,

Dandy

Thank you for your response. Can you please elaborate on how to accomplish this? I am including portions of both router configs.

Thank you for your assistance with my request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card