cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from SIEMENS HIPATH 3000 to a CISCO VOIP Solution

nascoentr
Level 1
Level 1

We've got a SIEMENS HIPATH 3000 PBX system with 15 to 20 individual telephone lines coming in from the telecom operator into the FSO card of the PBX

We are planning to migrate to CISCO Call Manager and are also implementing an 3845 Router

I would like to know if there is an interface on the router into which these 20 RJ11 phone lines go or is there another option

How do I go about it ?

6 Replies 6

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks pk, I knew of the FXO Cards. However I do not think there is any FXO card that allows for 20 RJ11 individual phone lines

Because all the cards available at the link you sent me are all 2, 4 or max 8 ports

VIC-2FXO 2 FXO

VIC-2FXO-EU 2 FXO

VIC-2FXO-M1 2 FXO

VIC-2FXO-M2 2 FXO

VIC-2FXO-M3 2 FXO

VIC-4FXO-M1 4 FXO

VIC2-2FXO 2 FXO

VIC2-4FXO 4 FXO

MRP3-8FXOM1 8 FXO

Do you have the product number of any FXO card that has 20 FXO ports for 20 RJ11 phone lines ?

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Have you considered upgrading to a T1 line from your carrier? A PRI or CAS (DSS) line would handle 23 (PRI) or 24 (CAS) simultaneous calls, and provide for faster call setup.

The interface on the router would then be a single VWIC T1. Your Call Manager and router config would also be simplified.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Thanks, I will look into that

Dave,

Do you know if it is possible...configure a BLF/SD but We can to see if the phone associated to the DN it is ringing? not only know if it is speaking.

Regards,

Ivan Garrido.

I agree. I would build out the CUCM running in parallel with the old system. Order a new T1 and a test block of DIDS. Test out CUCM with new PRI, etc.

Once tested, plan for a cutover date the Telco can swing all your existing DIDs from the old copper lines into the new PRI on the CUCM.

You will probably even save some money compared to what you are paying for now.

good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: