cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical reporting...reports are different?

jake-savage
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at 2 reports for a 24 hour period trying to figure out the total amount of calls handled by the system. The reports are:

Contact Service Queue Activity Report and Traffic Analysis.

CSQ Activity Report shows the number of calls handled, abandoned, and dequeued. Traffic analysis just shows 1 bar with total calls.

Even if I add up all the calls from the activity report, it doesn't match the number on the traffic analysis. What's up with this?

For example - Yesterday I had roughly 1475 calls including about 50 abandoned calls from the activity report. The traffic analysis shows 1741 calls.

Any ideas?

10 Replies 10

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious to here the answer to this one. I have the same issue but with Agent Sum and a CSQ report. If you add the handled calls for each report the agents have more calls handled then the CSQ had.

I would also love to here an answer on this. I am pulling the same reports Agent Sum and CSQ activity and the CSQ activity shows more calls presented to it than the total of the agents presented calls.

I'm just going to bite the bullet and open a TAC case. I'll post a reply when I hear back from them.

did you ever get an answer to this? i have an issue where

Total calls = 850

Calls aband = 45

Calls Hand = 734

Calls Deq = 0

Where are the other calls?

Try running the Rejected Calls Report.

Calls Presented + Calls Rejeted + Calls Aband = Total # of Calls

Hello Jake,

We have the same problem, we use IPCX 5.0(2). Have you found any solution to this problem ?

I'll appreciate your comments,

Regards,

Omar

This was a while ago and I did end up opening a case. Unfortunately I don't remember what the outcome was. I can see if I can pull up the old case and see what we did.

abdul ilyas
Level 1
Level 1

We had similar issues. This was due to some software bug which was causing some calls to struck in the queue. ES-02 upgrade fixed this issue.

dolphinski
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but i'm having the same problems here. Can anyone confirm whether this is a bug and whether there is an update that resolves this?

I tried including rejected call info as someone suggested but that did not help as i had no rejected calls in the time range.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Although there exists some bugs regarding Historical Reporting discrepancies, I've found that most of the times the differences are caused just because the different reports show different information.

For example, the differences between Traffic Analysis Contact Service Queue Activity Report might be because of this:

The Contact Service Queue Activity Report includes abandoned ICD calls. (This report counts an ICD call as abandoned if the caller hangs up while queued for a CSQ or CSQs). The IVR Application Performance Analysis Report includes abandoned ICD calls and abandoned IVR calls. (This report counts a call as abandoned if the call ends before it is answered by an agent or before it is marked as handled by a workflow.)

Another example are the the differences between Traffic Analysis and Called Number Summary Report:

The Traffic Analysis Report will show any new call received into the UCCX system. For example an inbound call from the PSTN will increase the TA report. This new call will also increase the Called Number Summary Report. However, let's say the agent transfers the call to another agent or back to the CSQ. This will add a second call to the Called Number Summary Report but will not increase the TA report.

I'm not sure if this will explain the difference on your case or all cases, but I've seen it's the one that confuse most people.

Please check this FAQ which explains each report and that description might give you an idea if the reports really show a discrepancy or they just show different information:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/hist_rep/hradvch4.pdf

HTH. If you really think it could be a bug it would be better to open a TAC case.

Pablo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: