Reprocess quarantined email?

Unanswered Question
Sep 25th, 2007

Specifically, sometimes I get email in the quarantine that have attachments that I want to strip by name. I create a condition to strip it, but it seems I can only release the original email (with attachment in place) or send it to another account to strip and then forward it to the user.

Is there a way to force a message to go back through the system so the new rule can be applied and the attachment is then stripped and sent on to the user?

- Richard

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Mark [CSE]_ironport Wed, 09/26/2007 - 13:17

There is option for this. You cannot do this for a single mail. The quarantine is at the end of the workqueue there are no content filters behind that.

IIAGDTRnSC Wed, 09/26/2007 - 13:41

Just to be sure, you meant to say ' There is (no) option for this.'

If there is no option then I think it's a good feature request.

Thanks,

- Richard

[quote:a8de69da4d="Mark [CSE]"]There is option for this. You cannot do this for a single mail. The quarantine is at the end of the workqueue there are no content filters behind that.

jaigill Fri, 09/28/2007 - 17:48

Richard, you are correct. There is no way to do so. A message released released from quarantine only goes through antivirus scanning. All filter scanning is performed before the message is quarantined.

IIAGDTRnSC Sat, 09/29/2007 - 02:28

Thanks.

I did submit a feature request, it would come in handy for me, hopefully a few others too.

Richard, you are correct. There is no way to do so. A message released released from quarantine only goes through antivirus scanning. All filter scanning is performed before the message is quarantined.

Actions

This Discussion