cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reprocess quarantined email?

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

Specifically, sometimes I get email in the quarantine that have attachments that I want to strip by name. I create a condition to strip it, but it seems I can only release the original email (with attachment in place) or send it to another account to strip and then forward it to the user.

Is there a way to force a message to go back through the system so the new rule can be applied and the attachment is then stripped and sent on to the user?

- Richard

4 Replies 4

There is option for this. You cannot do this for a single mail. The quarantine is at the end of the workqueue there are no content filters behind that.

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

Just to be sure, you meant to say ' There is (no) option for this.'

If there is no option then I think it's a good feature request.

Thanks,

- Richard

[quote:a8de69da4d="Mark [CSE]"]There is option for this. You cannot do this for a single mail. The quarantine is at the end of the workqueue there are no content filters behind that.

jaigill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard, you are correct. There is no way to do so. A message released released from quarantine only goes through antivirus scanning. All filter scanning is performed before the message is quarantined.

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.

I did submit a feature request, it would come in handy for me, hopefully a few others too.

Richard, you are correct. There is no way to do so. A message released released from quarantine only goes through antivirus scanning. All filter scanning is performed before the message is quarantined.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: